Pages

18 March 2010

(of the stars)

Have I really let that much time go by? So this year, I am reading a Chronological One Year Bible. I am loving it because as I get a little further into it Samuel, Kings, Chronicles, Psalms, Proverbs and few of the prophets will run into each other making the harder dryer stuff of the Old Testament a little easier to read and understand. I think this time reading the Bible in a year has been the best experience ever. I tend to do well with it in the beginning, The Pentateuch is somewhat dry with Leviticus and Numbers. This time around I have been able to pay attention to the names, the sacrifices and other sorts of informational things that happen along the way.

I think it has to do with the fact that I tend to be more awake when I read. I have a routine down. I leave the house at 7:00 am get to work at 7:30 am, and I start pots of water or baking stuff that takes awhile and I sit at the bar with my mug of coffee and read each days' scripture. This help bring much peace to my mornings and I know that some of the guys notice when I have or have not read. I tend to get anxious when I don't read, because I want to leave early or take a break away from the building so I can sneak a few minutes to read.

Right now, My Wife and I are enjoying her spring break at her parents house in North Central Nebraska. I left work with our Chef de Cuisine working his last week, another cook walked out on us and Chef having to pay attention to the people he brings in as tryouts. Oh well, I needed this week. When I get back, Chef and I will discuss, my raise, schedule and promotion.