Pages

17 November 2007

(being spiritual)

Be sure you know the condition of your flocks,
give careful attention to your herds;
for riches do not endure forever,

and a crown is not secure for all generations. Proverbs 27:23-24

As a leader in church, although I am not getting together with anyone to lead, I have this gut sensation to make sure that I get in and check on the guys whom I know. The proverb is more of a literal situation about agriculture, but honestly, paying close attention to the people around me is important to God. Our riches here on earth will not follow us to heaven, but serves as a reminder of what God has in store when we do make it to heaven. On a practical note, it is just a good kick in the pants to check in on the guys about where they want to take their relationship with God to.