It is my mission as a: Disciple, husband, son, brother, friend, leader and manager to be defined by my legacy. I will strive to inspire, challenge, encourage, love, teach and respect those around me. This will call for my loyalty, example, leadership, perseverance, and sense of quality and excellence. I will not compromise who I am as a Disciple in all facets of my life. This is my vow to God and all those around me.
Disciple
It is my conviction, the basics of being a Disciple of Christ is to have daily devotionals, which include time reading the Bible, praying to God, and an active effort to share my faith in my lifestyle or actively engaging others about my faith.
I must give priority to meetings of the body over other activities in my life. My attendance is not for me to benefit or feel better, rather to encourage others.
I will meet regularly with other Disciples for times to confess my struggles to be righteous and be held accountable to living a righteous life.
Anyway, I hope this helps you on what you are trying to achieve in your life. I suggest fighting for living in this way:
- Have a mission statement you feel is timeless (take a snapshot of your life and write your mission statement based on it right now)
- Define values that are personal to you (the fewer there is, the easier it is to point your internal compass)
- Create creative titles to the roles in your life (instead of Friend I have Friendship Provider, because I provide friendship to my friends)
I have applied this to my time management system and I feel like I get more accomplished as a result. It also can beat you up when you do not accomplish these things, and you don't need some one to make you feel bad about not getting certain things done. Have a great day!