HUH? Here is how I see it:
- I now have to go to the local coffee shop to get my Internet fix
- I purchase a coffee ($2.74 for a vanilla latte)
- I sit here for hours enjoying the small size of our world
At Home:
- Pay $45 to your ISP
- Turn on some other type of medium
- Sit there for fifteen minutes at a clip checking to see if you got one email
- Repeat steps 2-4 untill you leave for somewhere
Brew on this
- Which is more costly to the consumer?
- Which is more costly to the economy?
- Don't misunderstand, home business operators, you're in need of the Internet, but you're not going out to buy lunch, so poo on you, too.
In summary, your local economy is boosted by your participation to the free Internet in your local coffee shop. The catch is you can not help but want to pay for your butt to placed in an uncomfortable chair, sipping something too hot to drink, listening to what the barista thinks is good music and cruise the Internet until you realize you're late for work.