Pages

07 June 2007

Good Bye Hacienda Colorado

Yes it is true, I'm no longer working at Hacienda Colorado. About thirty days ago, Nick and I sat down and we drew up a plan with some measurable points that I had to achieve by the end of one month, or else I was walking. I was okay with the plan, I know that day I was planing on talking to him about how I need to change some things, and I would need his help to hold me accountable to it all. Oh well I was about 24 hours too late.

I'll leave more details later about it all, but it is a lesson in resolve in the great God I serve. When Amy and were talking about our schedules not working out, we realized coming home at 3 a.m. doesn't work well for us. There is the holiday thing with the restaurant industry as well. Anyway, we prayed and I would have to say, we pressed it and forced what we thought was a great decision. I received a $4,000 raise to go to Hacienda Colorado, as well as, a better understanding about the dinning experience. This is about resolve and submission to God. I hasn't hit me, nor do I think I'll have this crushing moment with my job, because I am working towards a new dream, and I know this is Gods way of telling us, you were in a good situation, the grass isn't greener on the other side and now you have to deal with the consequences of the decision you made in haste.

Amy felt bad, I am somewhat relieved, because I was always nervous about making a mistake when I was at work. I never was comfortable with being in the Lone Tree location, the surroundings and my boss. I have much to learn about the industry I am in. I now have a mission while I am on vacation, what have I learned about myself and how will I improve. If you have questions, email me, because there is a ton of stuff I have left out on purpose.