Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Epheshians 4:29
I was reading The First 90 Days of Marriage by Eric and Leslie Ludy, when I came across an interesting little passage. In talking about having a great bedroom life, he made mention that he studies his wife, takes notes and then refers back to his notes from time to time. He also mentioned he makes the effort to make sure his wife has the time, place and safety to get herself to a point in which she is encouraged and feels like a woman. Great tidbit to it all is he has made her bathroom almost like a spa for her to do whatever it is to primp herself. I guess what I am getting at is they maintain the mystery of each gender.
There is some truth to it. Amy and I had an discussion on our honeymoon as to what is too much information to share. There are somethings that we do, which we can allow some privacy for. Amy didn't feel that was right, we're married, nothing is off limits now. To me, some things are, and it is something were are learning. Being a newlywed has some great advantages, but it is now in our early relationship, we lay the foundation for a life time together.
When were dating, there were things we just didn't do around each other. Amy is the love of my life and there is no reason to let chivalry die when we bound in holy matrimony. If I wouldn't do some things in front of strangers, I surely wouldn't feel inclined to do so in front of my wife. It also applies to our health. I know I am not as healthy as I was three years ago when we met, I have let many things fall to way side. I do not practice Kung Fu, I barely get out for hour long prayer walks, I do not eat the healthiest of food, and I don't even make the effort to get better at any of these things.
I'm convicted. I want what is best for my wife, which means I have to get better at fine tuning my life now, so when forever gets here I'll be there as well. When it comes to the above scripture, replace talk with any action you'd like and mouth with the respective part as well. When you realize what you do, isn't helpful in building one another up, you will want to change.