And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25There is nothing better than getting together in worship of our father in heaven. Last night's midweek was a celebration of getting back together with the men/women. I was able to song lead tonight, because Paul actually asked me to. I am always honored to be able to go up and lead songs with our song leaders. I can fake tones pretty good; I have an elementary knowledge of how to read music, so I feel good when the song leaders ask me to join them because they are incredible. We sang a few old standby songs, before Herve got up and lead two more and just about brought down the house.
If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 1 Corinthians 12:19-20It is always exciting to get the body together, it's not church with out everyone there. Paul wrote about how we as the body of Christ we need to be together. Tonight, because it was a celebration, we had an ice cream social. I was able to talk to some old and new friends about how our lives have changed. Bill was up from the South Region Singles, I was able to talk with Kim about some travel plans, and then I talked to few teens. I am on a mission to make sure all the teens have the opportunity to attend all of the events we have in store for them. I love the fact that everyone who was there was joyful to be with each other. At the same time, I feel refreshed because as time goes on, I am realizing God put me where he needed me to be, for this moment now.
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Hebrews 7:13After being a Disciple for a year, I was asked to help lead in the Teen Ministry from Campus. At the time, I was ready, only because God worked on my heart to be prepared. Before that point, I didn't want anything to do with the teens, or have the passion to serve. If it wasn't for Roel and Frank coming back from praying with Brent and T.C., and being silently upset, I would not have started to pray for them and their hearts to be protected. I faithfully believe that was when God put on my heart to be prepared for his call.
Thursday, November 1, 2001, Steve called me up a few hours before an emergency devotional to meet with him. I had other plans to clear, because of how Steve put it so urgent to me. When I met up with him, we went to Wendy's to eat and talk. That was when he asked me if I would be willing to help be a leader in the Teen Ministry. I was willing to go, and my attitude about not serving in the Teens seemed to have disappeared. It was a blur to say the least, I remember getting my guys together before the devotional to let them know personally about the changes, then I told Jim about it was well. During the devotional, we sang, we prayed, John Lusk gave a charge and then read a letter from the Evangelists and Elders in the church.
That's when it was announced Mandy and I would be on our way to the Teens to help out. It cemented the deal. How could one back out, when at the same time that same letter was read in the South and East Super Regional emergency devotional, not when you are now accountable to over seven hundred people, at that time.
From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. Acts 17:26-27When I look back to where I have been, it has been God’s plan to make sure I had the relationships with people in different walks of life than I. I wonder, had I never became a Disciple, what kind of person would I be? I know that I would never have become a restaurant operator or stopped teaching kung fu or have friends who could help me with my relationships with others. Our God knew exactly what I needed when I needed it. Amy and I were talking about the bible study she has been a part of, and she shared that last night Dawn told Melanie the longest conversion in the bible was three days. I remember Steve sharing that with me.
It makes me grateful of the people I know. I look at Joseph, he’s married with a teenage son. The Priday’s children are now getting up there to be a part of the teens. Jessica is driving. God put me in the West Region, because He knew I was going to come back to the teens. I met those brothers and sisters because they would need help now, with their children. God has called me, I have answered. He called again, and now my family has answered His call.