I think this stems from growing up in a disciplined home. You get up at the same time, you eat the same thing, use the same utensils, leave at the same time and do the same thing everyday. I've been told many times by family members that I need to let go. I say no to this. There is a comfort level about doing everything the same way every time. What also falls into this category is putting things back where it belongs. Which also shows a great deal of discipline. I want to vent about people in general.
At work, I spend a good chunk of my day actually looking for the right tools to do my job. One, because I care enough to not just make do with what I have, but rather use the tools that are available to do the job correctly. Two, because some one grabbed it out of convenience, used it, put it on the bottom of a large pile of dirty dishes and now I have to wait until the dishwasher cleans it. These are things that burn me from the inside. I don't know how to voice it to people, but I just wish they would understand that the effort it takes to be "lazy" is the same as doing the right thing.
In another great instance, I have had the cooks I work with tell me, "you need to let us know when we used up the potatoes." Wait a minute. I don't use your potatoes, if I need to, I would go and cut my own for myself. Why should I tell you when you just used up the last of the potatoes, you were there when you emptied it, right? If you care about what you do, then the six seconds it takes to look to see if you are out of something the day before you need is less time than complaining to me that I failed you when you used up the potatoes, because I will tell you "tough luck and you need to hurry up and get it done because it is 6:15 a.m. and breakfast starts at 7:00 a.m.
Okay, that is enough of my ranting about how silly people really are.