Pages

09 August 2010

(fiction new)

Yesterday was quite an encouraging day. It started out with My Wife and I with breakfast and a quiet time, from there we went to church and spent our time there in the Children's Ministry. Which some people feel is a bummer, but it is a great thing for my heart to help serve a ministry that will be a part of my life for the next 20 years or so. At church we invited some friends of ours (who have recently moved to Boulder to lead the Boulder County and Campus Ministry) over for dinner.

When thing changed back in 2003, I have felt that the church here had been putting some effort in growing the campus in Boulder, but not in the ways that honored God. Don't get me wrong, I was in full support of all the B/SIC who have led the group in the past, but they were not fully focused or equipped to lead a campus ministry along with the 10-12 families in the area. When the announcement was made for them to move here, my heart was relieved. I have always felt that they are expert church builders. They have lead the church in Idaho, when there wasn't a more experience couple around. They are truly humble and an encouragement to my soul when they are around.

As for dinner, I happened to have a few steaks around, so we enjoyed them with some chimichurri sauce, grilled local summer squashes and corn, along with leafy green salad with a scallion vinaigrette. Our friends brought over a fruit tart for dessert and we just had a great time just talking and hearing some of the dreams and plans they have for the Boulder Ministry.

Why this focus on the Boulder Ministry? Why am I getting involved? Why should so much effort be made for such a crazy place? Because, there was once a thriving group of Disciples here, that you can not help to want to be part of The Dream. As a college student, I was converted in Boulder, so it is a special place for me. At the same time, a couple who My Wife feels very close to is only a 15-20 minute drive from my home, so it makes sense to be near the. And it is just exciting to be part of the building of some thing incredible.