Bad people win when good people do nothing. Is it true?
I have been wondering about this recently. My friend Garfield and I talked about what has been going on with my employment situation. I know that when I got fired back in 2007, I was resolved about the fact the answer to our prayers were answered. My Wife and I were particular to wondering if leaving OC for HC was the right move. I felt that yes, I should be there, but God finally answered on His on time. With the encouragement of My Wife, I went on to follow a passion of mine. That is one of the greatest things about her, she has been my biggest cheerleader and of course sugar mama through all this stuff with loosing my job.
So, Garfield and I were talking about what has been happening in my life, and my legalistic side couldn't help but share and ask, "what did we do to upset God?" I look around and see people keeping their jobs in what I thought were more volatile occupations. I've always thought, "people need to eat, we sell to the Middle Class and when they can't continue to afford it, the Upper Class will come and buy our food." I've been institutions where I had to talk to team members that we will have to cut their hours, others that we need them to start working other duties within the restaurant, and others who have quit because there wasn't any hours to be had, but never did I cut people loose because it was slow.
My father always said, "when the work is there, take your share and all the other unclaimed shares of everyone who doesn't want to work. When there is no more work, you can sit and not worry about making money." I try to do that as much as I can. I went out after hours/shifts, but as soon as you get near OT, the bosses will shut it down. Now, when I have no job, I have to hustle, just to help keep us in the water, forget the floating. Legalism within the church isn't promoted as in one's activity or attendance, but it something that you could practice for yourself. It is just a practical approach to discipline. Where you can go very wrong is when you develop an odd conviction/belief about God's blessings or challenges are a direct result of a particular action you took.
I don't think that bad people win, when good people do nothing, but rather good people just aren't grateful, end of story. This is the challenge for myself each day I look for jobs, send resumes or even go to my small part time job working the counter at a coffee shop.