Pages

16 January 2009

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

When it comes down to it when it comes to faith in God, you have think that the author of Hebrews had it dialed in about what exactly faith is, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see," Hebrews 11:1. What was David thinking when he wrote Psalm 8? It is believed it was written when he was shepherding the flock and was laying on his back looking up at the starts and trying to grasp who God is.

I've been to Montana, Big Sky Country, when there is nothing to block the horizon, for miles, it truly is a big sky. Start putting stars, moons, clouds, the sun, planets, constellations, storms, wind/breezes, and any other atmospheric or astronomical occurrences and you have something you just have to trust that won't just fall on you. From there I just think about who I am, so small in the face of all those things and I need to fall to my knees and praise God for also considering me to be in his care.

There is so much to God that I can not imagine how he can carefully keep track of what my needs are, how he can help me, when there is a lesson to be learned, who needs to be in my life, where I need to be to serve him best. All this and a few other billion or so people to care for as well. My new challenge is to see how I can best reflect that towards my wife. We are both grateful for one another, but saying and showing are two different animals.