Pages

18 December 2008

(yes mister haskins)

One of the best things that happens every morning is I get to wake up next to my wife. Everyday, I tell her I love her, she asks why. I tell her she's my best friend, she asks why. I tell her she's the most beautiful woman ever, she asks why I think that. I tell her she is the prettiest girl I know, she asks how I can I think that. I tell her she is the only person I could imagine having the adventures we have with one another, and she reminds me I went to France with out her. In all, I find myself in awe of God (who is only being deserving of being in awe of) when I see my wife. She has truly become the only person I want to be around no matter what kind of mood I'm in.

We don't think alike, which is a plus because I know what I think and if she did, too that would be scary. She is thoughtful and has everyone she knows on her mind. She doesn't hesitate to visit and minster to those in need. She loves to spend time and encourage those around her. It challenges me to be like that. I feel I talk to others, because I have to, not because I want to.

We both decided to follow Jesus. We both felt called to be Disciples and carry out His will here on earth. We love serving the church in ways God has need. At one point or another, we have both considered being paid ministers for the church and seeing it advance forcefully for God. We both have mission minded hearts, she for the rural community and I for Asian missions. Some day I think we'll be that couple that travels in Southeast Asia, encouraging the missionaries there with our message of love, service and relationships. It truly is a testament to her family and upbringing to fear and follow God.

We both have similar family backgrounds, we both come from blue collar backgrounds, where work is important. The In Laws are very aware and astute to everything that will effect their work and industry. This makes it fun to talk about the what ifs of the social, business and politics scene. They've never criticize me for missing out on family events when it comes to work, which has me convinced they understand the industry I'm in. This has helped create convictions in my wife that when I need to work, there are no ways around it.

Right now, we are in bed, she is lying there next to me, and I feel absolute comfort. There is something about being married to my wife that puts a smile on my face. I have this sense of joy that I can never get past the fact that I have the perfect wife for me.