Pages

31 December 2008

(clean and odor free)

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4

When I read this, I was a bit convicted by it. I was reading a devotion put together by Shane Engel in the San Diego Church called Satan is Real. What made me convicted about the scripture is not how much Satan blinds and deceives us, rather unbelievers are blinded in their minds about who God is and how real Satan is. It then made me think more and more how I have been a slacker when it comes to the mission of Christ. How I need to uphold the great commission in my life, how I need to see unbelievers as walking tombstones (as Brian preached on last week), and all I need to do is open my mouth.

It's because of God I have the blessings I have: salvation, marriage, home, talent, job, education, friends, etc. One could say I've been living a double life when it comes to the Great Commission. One side says, let's get out there and teach everyone out there. The other says, oh, I'm into teaching the faithful to obey, and I'm not even doing that.

It really is one of the cornerstones of the ministry we are apart of. We are dubbed the "Discipling Movement." We've been called fanatical because of members' high commitment to the great commission of Jesus. It is something I love about the church, we try to get into one another lives and we feel called to high purpose in life. I just need to get up off my butt and get out there to answer to call to a higher purpose.