Well, I do apologize for the delay, but we've been busy. Working days is hard for me to get used to, but I am grateful for the time my wife and I have been able to spend. What the heck happened to last week, really?
After I posted the wintery pictures, I didn't have to work, rather, Amy and I headed to the Denver Chop House to spend more of the remaining QAP I had left. It was a wonderful evening, our server was a former Old Chicago bartender who is dating the new kitchen manager for Old Chicago Wheat Ridge. We also ran into a former Old Chicago server who I had worked with in my time in Thornton. It was a good time.
Wednesday, I worked during the day and headed to GeneratioNext afterwards. Mike did a great lesson on communion and what it meant. Then Amy and I had a bump about cooking after work for the two of us. I'll admit, I don't like to eat and run, it's not healthy and it's not good for building family unity. At the same time, it's important to me that we can sit down, have dinner and spend that time as a family. I was brought up that way. What we didn't eat, was left overs or lunch for dad. Through high school, I ate by myself, but cause of swim practice, but there was a meal ready for me to eat (thanks mom). I would love to make sure this happens when we have children, because it helps them understand the importance of the family unit.
Thursday, I worked at night, dreading every minute of it, because I had to open on Friday. I iron some clothes, had a great time with God and got ready for working 20 of the next 25 hours.
Friday night was our first Teen Devotional, since entering the teens. We met at the Tivoli building on the Auraria Campus, and listened to Matt talk about having reverence towards God (Isaiah 40). We had a few minutes to pray and talk about the lesson with the teens and then we moved on to a Family Feud style game for the group.
Saturday I went to work and after work we headed to Heather's fall party/bash. There was chili, cornbread and Christians there. All of it was great! We headed to the Cheesecake Factory afterward with Alden and Angela to get some time with them to see how they were doing. They started dating long distance, but Alden stepped up pretty quickly and moved out here after school was done. They are both teachers and are part of the Latino Ministry here.
Sunday was a historic occasion. It marked the first Sunday I didn't have to work. I had D-Group (Discipleship Group) first thing. We met for the first time this day, because we committed to it and were going to make it happen. Afterwards, Amy met up with Jessica, one of the teens, and Melanie for a Bible study, and I went along so we didn't have two cars at church. Worship was fun, members of the Campus Ministry were involved in all parts of the worship service. Afterwards was a small meeting for all the Bible Talk/Family Group Leaders to get together with Herve to cover two really basic things we as a church are working on, Discipling and Discipling one on one (really it's the same thing, but it's not at the same time). Amy and I headed home, took a nap and had our D-Group at 7:00 with all the teen leaders in the North and West.
Monday, I had to open, which was on of the last five shifts I would work with Old Chicago. Afterwards, we hooked up with Mike and Jody at the Boulder Chop house to spend the last of my QAP card. Dinner was great and the conversations we had were impacting and inspiring as well. Now it is Halloween and I am getting a lesson put together for Wednesday about being devoted to prayer. I had to get this all in, so one day when I look back as this week, I would know what the heck happened.