I hope that your day is going well. I just thought I drop you a note to let you know I have a new job. I know it seems as a shocker, and you might already know. I am leaving Old Chicago and I am headed to a smaller more exciting company, Hacienda Colorado. The change is pretty drastic, I know, but the late nights, not being rewarded for what I have done, knowing I wasn't going anywhere soon, and the stress I have to deal with in the store I was in, has all overwhelmed me.
It all came to a head in August, when I posted a schedule and the entire staff was calling for my head. Awhile back, I had worked with an incredible general manager at Old Chicago, for about two and a half years, who left the company a few years back. I gave him out a quick phone call, and he was able to have the recruiter call me back in a few hours. I sent my resume in within a day and I had an interview within a week.
Why the delay? I was scheduled by Old Chicago to go to a training class for a week in August, and the recruiter went on vacation. There were some "manpower meetings" on the part of Hacienda Colorado that were taking place, which slowed the process down. Finally, I was waiting to get my vacation time to be awarded, before I left Old Chicago. In all there were two interviews, a testing day and a meeting with a managing partner (general manager).
This past Friday, I received an offer, and I put my notice in at Old Chicago. Trust me when I tell you, it has pained me for the past two months about the timing of my departure. Earlier this month, at Old Chicago, we sent out our kitchen manager to a brand new store about three miles away. The following week, our bar manager returned to Phoenix, to a new store opening there, this was a pretty impulsive move by the company. Our kitchen is presently short staffed, and the soonest a brand new manager will be in the building is late November. To add to it, I'm leaving, too.
Anyway, that's what is new with me. As for Amy, she has changed jobs to the University of Denver, she loves being "back at school" and is presently auditing a French class. We've hit the four month mark of our marriage, and it's been great with challenges. I've learned that my image of the roles we each have are rooted in my family life,and I am trying to shift my paradigm to better fit what we as a couple need. We are helping out in the teen ministry at church, as well as enjoying where we live, with some some of my closest friends right across the hall. It's amazing how things change for the better, and this a change for a better life.
Rama