Pages

29 September 2006

and then we went

Yesterday, I was at work when my regional manager surprised us with a visit. He said I was boring, and he was ready to leave. Anyway, the bartender who was working during the day was interested in heading to the Great American Beer Festival tonight, but she was working so she wouldn't be able to head out there until 7:00 p.m. or so. RM had over heard this and told her to think about going Thursday night, because our company still had tickets. She asked me to hold one ticket for her boyfriend's brother, but RM said he would take care the third ticket as well.

Later on in the office, I had inquired about going then as well. Amy and I were wanting to go, but it wouldn't have been cost effective for us. We're trying to cut our spending some. RM said it wouldn't be a problem and called our field marketing manager to put five tickets at will call for all of us. Amy and I drove down to Denver, got to the convention center, and headed in for the great cost of $10 for parking.

We ran in to many people I know from work or some sort of relationship through work. Poor Amy, she said, "I felt like I was at a party with the prom king." Sorry honey, I know a few people from work. We stopped by our company's booths, said hi to friends and saw a few more people from past and present relationships. Ray and Dom were there, I got to ask Ray about what was up? He told me if I hadn't heard anything to call him by Wednesday.

Last night and today I read First 90 Days of Marriage, and it has been eye opening. We haven't been reading it together, but I think we should. I don't mind rereading anything that is this good. It as slow to start, but it has helped me get ideas as to what Amy and I need to get a handle on as newlyweds.

I read Nehemiah 6-7 today. Nothing was more impacting that to think about how everyone was involved and they were able to rebuild in 52 days. Then to make sure all that work didn't go to waste, Nehemiah had guards to make sure the people were safe.
I said to them, "The gates of Jerusalem are not to be opened until the sun is hot. While the gatekeepers are still on duty, have them shut the doors and bar them. Also appoint residents of Jerusalem as guards, some at their posts and some near their own houses." Nehemiah 7:3
In reference to Disciples bringing in the Harvest for God, we all have to stand guard, not just our hearts, faith and overall spirituality, but each other as well. I have the charge as a husband to guard my wife's walk with God. I have to be willing to watch our for the Devil's schemes to get us out of step with God. This weekend we have some great things going on. If I'm not careful, we could have a really great time and forget why we had those great times. God is a father who loves all his children. He wants what is great for us, we just need to be on guard for what the Devil has in store for us.